4/04/2007

040407

Double-edged mind.

I realise that this friend likes to do this to me.

I don't know whether it is normal.

You arrange to go out with someone, the person agrees. Then suddenly cannot.

And the reason is : It is strange to go out just two persons, esp 2 Christians.

I agree with what Joshua Harris had written in his book: It is best not to have a outing with just 2 people. Boy n gal. It is to protect sexual purity.

I understand what the person thinks. But when you found out that the person has compromised with another person. Then what am I supposed to do? The person can go out with another guy alone, not only on a lunch but also to the movie. And I thought it is reaching out to new friends. When I after some time realised that the person is also in the church, but different cg. So What am I to make of it?

First qns: A guy can go out with a gal alone on the pretext of reaching out. The same guy cannot go out with a Christian gal alone because to protect him and her. Isn't that called double standards? Compromising to the world?


New ENtry

I found that God's words seem to be easily misinterpreted. That is why it is so easily twisted for man's benefits. For example, cultural mandate.

During bs, pastors have been saying that cultural mandate is not a permission letter granting that we are to be secular, to merge with the world. It is for us to be a light of the world, not joining the darkness.

But today, I wanna talk abt what Pastor Mark Conner shared.

There are 5 styles of connecting to God.

1) Contemplative style
2) Intellectual style
3) Serving style
4) Relational style
5) Charismatic style

For me, I belong to intellectual style.

Let's discuss each style.

1) Contemplative style

Loves solitary and times of reflection
Environment is important to them.

2) Intellectual style

Likes to being stimulated
Looks for substance in sermons

3) Serving style

Loves to be busy, making a difference in everyday lives
High challenging environment

4) Relational style

Loves to do things in groups

5) Charismatic style

Feels most excited in God's presence and sees God's signs and wonders

I can see a few scenarios of problems concerning all these styles le...

For contemplative style:

"Don't bother me. I need my time and space. I need to think over what you have said. Go away can?"

For intellectual style:

"Wait, let me see where this whole thing going to. I want to see the reasoning behind this. Then I determine what I should do."

For serving style:

"Don't ask me to talk to the new friends. I am very busy. Need to do this, do that. Later can?"

For relational style:

"Did I pray alone or do my quiet time? Hmm... no leh. No one is free leh. So cannot pray lor. Go for bible study? Cannot lah. Can I wait for people to join me?"

For charismatic style:

"I just cannot feel God's presence here in this church. Recently, I went to a new church. I want to go there. It is time for me to move on."

OR

"I think that I don't have to go to church. I can feel His presence at home. Don't have to."

What should we do if we encounter all these?


New entry

A sentence. A comment. An opinion.

It is all it takes to change A mind.

She lets me talk and talk and talk. Never showing her inner side much to me. I feel so vulnerable towards her, knowing that I and her will NEVER work out AT ALL. But all that are the past.

She has been a really good friend. How I wish this lunchbreak will never end. How I wish I can see her throughout my days here at work.

If you are reading this, you should know who you are. Since today on 4th of April, there is only 1 gal telling me that: 'S' person shouldn't go out with a guy or gal he or she likes. It will make the feeling even stronger.

Cheers, my dear friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home