2/04/2009

040209

I cried again for the wrong reason again.

There is always a struggle inside me. After each lesson, I will review and reflect it. If it is good, I will use it for the next year lesson. But if it is bad, I will think over what the problem is. Recently, I just cannot figure out why a class full of enthuaism would suddenly be a dead class. I also cannot figure out why my spelling bee game seem so boring. All these make me very discouraged. I am constantly thinking that maybe I am not suited to be a teacher. Maybe because of my character, maybe I am more suitable for some office work, although deep down, I won't like it. What is wrong? I really hate that feeling of being a dead teacher.

But as what someone told me, I will rise up above the level of my problem.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up. =]

3:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to find more ways to stimulate your student's mind!

1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Fay said...

Hi Alex,

I totally understand what you are going through.

Teaching is not easy. Its not just teaching a subject, fullstop.
It compasses of many many other things.

I would say personal branding, learning to communicate, understanding students and their behaviour. Meet their needs.

Sometimes, it requires extra many miles.

From my point of view, i guess we were once like them. Probably, you can remember how our teachers have to go through all the trouble with us last time.

However, being a student now, and being a student then, has much difference.

I study in the pass is for the sake of it. But now I study is for a greater purpose in life.

Thats where you see who are the one that endured and finish the race.

Getting the interest of the students may not just include games.

I think the most important thing is building a reputation for your self. By being able to connect with them and communicate.

You can talk, but what is impt is influential power.

So maybe you can try building a closer relationship with them. Win them over, impart hope and vision to them. ENCOURAGE and keep ENCOURAGING them. Make them feel good about themselves that they can do it in a genuine way. Love, love and keep loving them.

I believe in foundational relationship before they will actually listen to you. Its tough at times though. Just got to keep doing. Dun let failure put you down. Let passion n purpose be the consistency factor k. Hugs.

11:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home