9/19/2007

190907

Few days ago, I had a talk with a friend. She was relating to me that that day she went to her ex bf place to retrieve the presents which she had given to her ex bf before they broke up. When I heard that, I was quite shocked. How could someone take back what he or she has given?

The reasons she gave:
1) He is unworthy of the presents she gave.
2) She wants to give some space in his room to put his gf's stuff.
3) She doesn't want her ex bf to think about her anymore.

Do you think it is valid?

To me, it is not valid and not right at all. In fact, I know that she will be reading this post. I do think that this is rude. way rude. That is what I think of it. Initially.

Few days later, I watched a cartoon. There is this guy called san mao. He is a very very poor guy. His friend is going off to another country. So this guy san mao gave his friend a book. When the friend looked at it, he thinks that this book is useless to him. He THREW it away to the open sea. I was shocked and surprised not only by the action that he did but also san mao's reaction. He seems to be quite calm about it. I was like thinking to myself: What the? San mao should have stopped him or wat lah. Throw away? His hard earned money sia... I really do think that he saved quite a bit to give this book to him.

And when I think about what I told my friend, am I not a contradiction? I shouldn't have minded it so much.

Today, I chatted with this friend again. What is successful in life? Being able to be financially independent. Still able to get along quite well in life without the need to work. Is that successful? As I thought along this line, if it is in the expense of family, friends, I don't think it is successful. I have a tuition student. His mother is rich. Owned a chain of stores. A CHAIN of stores. I was like woah... I din know that you are that rich. But anyway, husband and wife are separated. Relationship between children and mother not that fantastic. Her health deterioriates a lot. So is that successful? Hmm... gotta think twice about this word " successful ".

Until now, I still cannot believe that I have a tuition student who is top 20 in playing Command and Conquer. And he is the top second person in Singapore. Woah... No wonder he doesn't do my mathematics homework. Hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home